Big isn’t always beautiful
Adam Smith Awards 2016 Highly Commended Winner – Top Treasury Team and Best Financing Solution
The treasury team at Royal FrieslandCampina has demonstrated you don’t have to be a big team to make a real impact and were a Highly Commended Top Treasury Team.
They have implemented several projects in just 16 months across a broad spectrum of cash, treasury, technology and financing areas. Royal FrieslandCampina is an unrated company which makes the financing solution, for which they were awarded a Highly Commended in the Best Financing Solution category, a little different. This solution includes a Schuldschein, a type of privately-placed German debt similar to a mid-term note and is the first green debt instrument to be issued by a dairy company and the first issued by a non-German issuer.
This webinar was held on Wednesday 5th October 2016.
Read the case studies: Top Treasury Team | Best Financing Solution
Download slide pack
Questions asked throughout the webinar
- What makes a Schuldschein, a Green Schuldschein? Is it the use of the proceeds that drives it or is there something else? (28:14)
- Do you have a rating? (32:05)
- Does that make it difficult to get a rating? Has anyone ever done it? (32:48)
- What are the alternatives to the Schuldschein that you looked at? (33:34)
- Are your owners all Dutch farmers or are they farmers elsewhere? (34:42)
- Do you use pay-on-behalf-of? How do you make the payments for the operating companies? (35:24)
- Any advice you’d give to anyone else going on this journey? (37:18)