Winner: Amadio Lazzarini, Alleanza Assicurazioni
Every month, Alleanza Assicurazioni collects payments from each of its two million customers. Up to 2006, rather than paying by direct debit, many of these customers preferred to receive a visit from a salesperson to settle their dues. Of the 25m annual collection operations, only 20% were managed through automated processes, the remaining 80% being fulfilled manually by the sales team, which essentially stopped selling and offering consultancy in the last days of each month in order to collect cash premiums.
DKV Globality SA, Randstad Pty Ltd